Sunday, April 25, 2010

Peach Panna Cotta

PeachPannaCotta

After I had this wicked good panna cotta @ L’andana Grill, I’ve been wanting to attempt them myself. I googled for recipes and soon found out that panna cotta does not contain egg. Panna Cotta is cooked Italian cream. It is gelatinous and a basic panna cotta contains milk, cream, sugar and of course gelatin.

I wanted something different  other than plain panna cotta and decided to make use of the canned peaches I have in my pantry. Peach Panna Cotta it is! It was quite easy to make since it was basically boiling the cream (and pureeing the fruit) and waiting for it to cool and set.

As much as I would love to post the recipe from my attempt in making the peach panna cotta, I would like to make it one more time and perfect the method first. My cream firmed up but it was not as smooth as I liked it to be. I either had a lil’ too much of agar-agar powder, did not dissolve it entirely or should have stuck with gelatin powder. Agar-agar is a gelatinous substance derived from red alage and is widely used in Asian desserts. Gelatin on the other hand is derived from the collagen inside animal’s skins and bones. Other than the not-so-right texture, I really liked the hint of Peach in the cream and the top layer of “Peach Sauce” enhanced the cream more. =)

Signature

1 comment:

Cin Twin2 said...

I enjoyed my sample! I thought it was light enough to eat it as a breakfast item...it paired well with my French Vanilla coffee. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails