Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Wedding Cupcake Mission

Yours truly is getting very very nervous over her wedding cupcake mission! I offered my dear friend Ayu my “ cupcake service” to make her wedding cupcakes for her wedding! To my delight, she said yes and this is truly an honor for her to put faith in me to make cupcakes for a special event; her wedding!!!. The wedding cupcakes will be my gift to her…. hehe! I thought it would be more special and meaningful than giving money or gifts… Although, now I’ve regretted for not shutting my big mouth as I’m getting worried thinking about all the negative what-ifs!!!! 
Anyway, too late to back up now…….I’ll be the biggest jerk ever taking back my offer… Haha! I’ll just have to plan out everything so ever carefully and have 1001..wait make that 1,000,001 back up plans for the wedding cupcake mission…you know just in case! Yes, I know I’m a Nervous Nellie!
I’ve made the cupcake stand which will be used to display the wedding cupcakes at the wedding. I’ve Googled around and saw a few different cupcake stands.I finally saw what I like and showed Ayu the idea! Ayu and her hubby loved what I proposed and I went shopping around for fabric and matching ribbons to compliment their wedding theme!
We finally settled with a black and white floral print with red ribbon and this is the end result of it! Duck tape saved the day as I used it to wrap the fabric onto the boxes! It’s 99.8% finished as I have yet to trim the ribbons. I shipped the boxes yesterday as is and will trim the ribbons in Chicago after final adjustments are made. I’m crossing all my fingers and toes that the boxes will arrive safely in one piece and not crushed up or destroyed! Cupcake Stand With the cupcake stand out of the way, I still have cupcakes to bake and decorate on Friday! About 60 cupcakes will need to be decorated with fondant and a rosebud on each cupcake, per the request of the bride to be. Cupcakes will be flavored Lemon Earl Grey and Coffee! I hope the cupcakes will travel well on the flight! **Crossing fingers and toes again!**

Click here for the finished product; cupcakes and all set up for the reception

9 comments:

Mrs. Green said...

it's gorgeous, june....don't be crazy. your cupcakes will be a hit. :o)

ween said...

yes june! it will definitely be great! dont u ever doubt ur creativity & ability! have a great weekend in chicago!

Amanda said...

What kind of boxes did you use?? I'm planning the same type of cupcake stand and have been trying to figure out what kind of boxes to use. Thanks!!

Simply June said...

I used different size of mailing boxes..(sorry, I forgot the measurements), and for the smallest one... a gift box for maybe a mug or something small. Just make sure there's enough room to arrange the cupcakes... =). The bottoms for the first 2 tier are hollow; wrap the fabric inside of the boxes. Hope this helps. Good luck!

J Egan said...

There hasn't been much on Pinterest that has surprised me in months, but this is brilliant. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

How was the wedding and do you have a final picture. This is beautiful

Simply June said...

Thank you! Pictures to final product is here: http://simply-june.blogspot.com/2009/03/wedding-affair.html

Unknown said...

I'm attempting this for an event, but the hardest part is making the bows. I have gone through so much ribbon... ruining it. LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm attempting this for an event that I'm hosting this weekend. The boxes are wrapped, but I am struggling with these bows. Guess how many rolls of ribbon I've ruined? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails