Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vanilla Butter Cream

This is a simple butter cream recipe I used to frost the recent birthday cupcakes I made for Seyda. I found the recipe on You Tube when I was Googling on how to pipe flowers onto cupcakes.

I’m not a huge fan of butter cream as it’s usually overly sweet, but with my recent cupcake bouquet project..butter cream was a better option. This is my first time making butter cream with success. The last time I made a batch of butter cream, something was wrong somewhere…my butter cream did not look like it’s supposed to! I usually stick to using plain whipped cream with a tinge of sugar added for a tad of sweetness and color it to my liking.

Seyda

EASY VANILLA BUTTER CREAM RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Butter (2 sticks; softened @ room temperature)
  • 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
  • Coloring (**Optional)

Method:

In a large bowl (with a hand mixer) or in a stand mixer, cream butter and gradually add powdered sugar. Do this over low speed and gradually increase to medium speed. Then, pour in vanilla extract and heavy cream. Continue beating until everything is all blended nicely and cream is smooth.

The frosting is now ready to be used. If you like to color it, place some butter cream in a bowl and gradually mix in food coloring and stirring until you get the color you liked!

1 comment:

ween said...

yea... buttercream are overly sweet. I've cut down sugar to half and still find them unbearable... *urghh* Love ur 2 tone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails