Thursday, July 16, 2009

Strawberry Ice Cream

Here’s the strawberry ice cream recipe I promised after some slight improvising! This is made based on the recipe from my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker manual, with some slight changes. The first time I made this, I added strawberry preserve and fresh strawberries into my ice cream. I did not quite like the taste of the fresh strawberries in the ice cream and have dropped that from the recipe.

StrawberryIcecream1

STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
  • 3/4 Cup Milk
  • 3/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
  • 3/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 5 Tbsp Low Sugar Strawberry Preserve (Smucker’s Low Sugar Strawberry Preserve)

Method:

In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer (low speed) to mix milk and granulated sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract and strawberry preserve.

Turn the ice cream maker on and pour mixture into freezer bowl. Process ice cream until you get a soft serve consistency. This took me about 35-40 minutes with my Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker. Transfer ice cream into containers and freeze for 2-3 hours before serving. StrawberryIceCream2

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails