Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spiced Roasted Potatoes

Here’s the recipe of the roasted potatoes I made for my Lazy Monday’s dinner. I got inspired by Bobby Flay after watching him whip up a grilled potatoes with lobster salad (and he left me wanting to eat potatoes!!). I came up with my version of roasted potatoes dish since I don’t really have the ingredients for Bobby’s yummy looking salad. I shall attempt his salad soon…very soon!

The roasted potatoes I made had some Indian influence….coz of the spices (Turmeric Powder & Garam Masala) I used to season them…… I thought it turned out pretty good and different with a subtle hint of Indian spice.

SpicedRoastedPotatoes1

SPICED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb Baby Potatoes, Golf Ball Size
  • 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Sliced
  • 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp Butter, Melted
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • 1/4 Tsp + More Salt
  • 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Cracked Preferred
  • 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
  • 4-5 Basil Leaves, Julienned

Method:

Clean potatoes, skin on thoroughly and cut them into halves. In a large bowl, whisk oil, melted butter, 1/4 tsp salt, black pepper, turmeric powder, garam masala and half of the basil leaves. Throw in potatoes and onions. Toss well so that all surfaces have been coated. Set this aside for 5-10 minutes.

Preheat oven @ 375F. Line a baking dish with a piece of foil. Pour in marinated potatoes (and onions) and let it roast for 30 minutes. Then, crank up oven to 400F and roast for another 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender (and golden brown if desired). Remember to turn the potatoes once or twice during roasting time.

Remove from oven, and transfer onto a serving platter. Garnish with remaining basil leaves and serve warm. If desired, lightly sprinkle with a little more salt. This should serve 3-4 people. Pair this this grilled fish or chicken. =)

SpicedRoastPotatoes

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails