Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mocha Meringue Kisses

As much as I tried to use recipes which uses the whole egg so that I do not waste anything, most of the cookies I made for CNY call for egg yolks only. Little that I know that by the time I’m done baking a few batches of cookies, I’ll be left with quite a bit of egg whites. Hating to just wash it down the drain or cook it for breakfast, I decided to make meringues! That means another addition to my CNY cookie collection! it was truly a spontaneous thought!

Here’s the recipe….perfect in situations like mine! Or whenever u have a craving for some meringues!

MochaMeringue

MOCHA MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 5 Extra Large Egg Whites
  • 1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1-1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 2 Tsp Granulated/Instant Coffee Powder

Method:

Preheat oven to 300 F. In a bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly pour in sugar a quarter at a time and beat until mixture becomes glossy and stiff peak forms. Fold in cocoa powder and coffee powder lightly incorporating them into the mixture.

Fill a pastry bag (attached with a large star piping tip) with meringue and piped baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Space them about about 1-1/2” apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes until outside is firm. Transfer to wire rack. Cookie will continue to harden as it cools. Store in air tight containers when meringues are cool.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails