Friday, February 26, 2010

Creamy Tuna & Tomato Pasta

I believe my aunt taught my mom this recipe and my mom passed it down to me when I saw her make this unbelievable quick and delicious pasta. A French lady or someone who’s lived in France taught my aunt this amazing creamy tuna and tomato pasta which is now one of my favorite comfort food.

Making and eating this pasta reminds me of home somehow. I’m truly lucky that my mom enjoys cooking and trying out various recipes from different parts of the world. I’m proud to say my passion for cooking and baking has its roots; my mom.

TunaPasta

In this recipe, use SOLID canned tuna either packed in oil or water. I personally prefer the ones packed in oil as I think they are a little more flavorful. Solid Tuna as shown in picture above (left) will definitely give you chunkier, meaty tuna pieces. Yes, it does cost more, maybe double the price of the Chunk Tuna as shown in picture above (right) but the investment is worth it. Chunk Tuna pieces will disintegrate into unappetizing mushy little pieces. It taste better to able to bite into large chunks of tuna. Leave that mushy mess for your tuna salad sandwich! =P

TunaPasta1

CREAMY TUNA & TOMATO PASTA RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cans Solid Tuna in Oil (or Water)
  • 1-2 Plump Tomatoes, Diced
  • 2 Clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 Cup Heavy Cream
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1/2 Lb Spaghetti or Linguine

Method:

Boil pasta in seasoned water (oil + salt) until al dente. Drain and set aside. Heat oil over medium heat and stir fry garlic until fragrant, not burnt. Then add cream, tuna and let mixture come to a boil. Once it starts boiling, add cooked pasta and seasoned with salt and pepper. Toss in tomatoes and half of chopped parsley. Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with more parsley. Serve immediately. This should serve 2-3 people.

Signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails