Saturday, December 12, 2009

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in a mood to bake some cookies. It must be the “X’mas is just around the corner feeling” that initiated the cookie baking mood! =) I browsed through a few cook books and settled for a chocolate chip cookie recipe. This recipe is adapted from Better Homes and Gardens; The Ultimate Cookie Book.The Ultimate Cookie Book

I adapted the recipe for the Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies and made some slight changes to it. Again, I added nuts to the recipe for some added crunch. I added 3 kinds of chocolate chip morsels; semisweet, milk and white chocolate. I love the result of the cookie as it’s not overly sweet! Here’s the recipe!

DoubleChocolateChipCookie

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Butter, Softened
  • 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
  • 1 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 12 Oz Semisweet Chocolate Morsels/Chips
  • 1/4 Cup Chopped Nuts; Pecans or Walnuts (Optional)

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 F. Beat butter with a mixer (preferably stand mixer) for about 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in vanilla extract and eggs one at a time until combined. Gradually beat in flour and cocoa powder. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts until evenly combined.

Shape about 1 tbsp of dough into balls and place about 1-1/2” apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will harden as they cool.

June’s Comments: I actually used the hand mixer (per recipe’s / book’s instructions) to mix the first 6 ingredients and my hands when it was time to mix in the flour, chocolate chip and nuts. I had a hard time mixing the dough with the hand mixer, hence using my hands were a easier and better alternative!  I made my cookies bigger; about 2 tbsp of dough and baked them for about 15-18 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails