We were treated to a meal at the Macaroni Grill a few weeks back. Our friend, Chris wanted to treat hubby’s parents to dinner and we were lucky to be included! Thanks Chris! Macaroni Grill is one of my favorite Italian restaurant for delicious reasonable price food. =)
Here’s what we ordered; starting off with 2 appetizers :
1) Calamari Fritti (Left) @ $8.49 (Crispy calamari with zesty pizzaiola sauce and basil pine nut pesto aioli). This was very good. Batter on calamari was perfect, not too thick and not too little. Calamari was indeed crispy and the accompanying sauces were delicious. I prefer the basil pine nut pesto aioli more than the zesty pizzaiola sauce.
2) Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms (Right) @ $8.99 (Mushrooms stuffed with succulent crab and Italian seasonings, then baked in our brick oven). This was just ok to me mainly because they did not bake this dish as long as they could. I happened to take a biggest mushroom, and that mushroom definitely did not cook thru. Plus, the stuffing was good, too bad it was a bit on the cold side.
3) Chicken Marsala (Left) @ $12.99. (Chicken topped with Portobello mushrooms, roasted garlic and Marsala wine sauce. Served with capellini pasta). MIL ordered this and she loved it. I think you can’t go wrong with ordering Chicken Marsala. This is also one of my favorite dish which I would order at Italian restaurants.
4) Carmela's Chicken Rigatoni (Right) @ $11.99. (Grilled chicken, mushrooms, caramelized onions, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese tossed with imported rigatoni pasta and Marsala cream sauce). I love Marsala wine…hence this dish I LOVE as well! Marsala wine was perfect with he caramelized onions…..Mmm..I had a hard time finishing it (had one too many appetizers? or portion was huge?) as it was too good to be left on the plate and have the waiter take it away! =p
5) Mama's Trio (Left) @ $14.99. (Three authentic Italian Classics. Lasagna al Forno, Chicken Parmigiana, and Chicken Cannelloni). This was for hubby and he cleaned his plate. Enough said! =)
6) Parmesan-Crusted Sole (Right) @ $14.49. (Hand-breaded and sauteed then topped with lemon butter sauce and capers. Served with sun-dried tomato and spinach orzo pasta). FIL ordered this and the portion was HUGE! The first thing FIL commented was the dish being a tad salty. I did not taste his dish, but I suspect the culprit might be those capers.
7) Penne Rustica @ $12.99. (Succulent Shrimp, slow-roasted chicken and aged prosciutto tossed with Parmesan cream sauce and imported penne pasta, then baked until golden.) Chris ordered this, and it sure looks good! Again, did not try this and I forgot what he though about this! =)
Macaroni Grill has branches in many locations. Check out the nearest Macaroni Grill to you.