Friday, March 6, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes

I made some strawberry cupcakes yesterday to use up my strawberry sauce I had leftover from my a few weeks ago. I froze the sauce after that brunch affair of course so that the sauce can be kept longer! =p

The strawberry cupcakes turned our very moist with a slight hint of strawberry. I felt that the cupcakes could use more a tad more of “strawberry-ness” in it! I wonder if it will taste “berrier” if I had used some Strawberry Jam in the batter! I did not use any specific Strawberry Cake/Cupcake recipe to make these cupcakes. It was a simple modification to an existing White Vanilla Cake recipe I got of the internet months ago. I added a touch of whipped cream colored with pink and flavored with some raspberry extract, topped with some sprinkles to the cupcakes. I have used this recipe and modified it to make Coffee and also Lemon flavored cakes in the past…and they turned out wonderful!Strawberry Cupcake-1Well, I’m sharing this White Vanilla Cake recipe and for you guys who are ambitious to turn it into your personal flavor, go right ahead! Strawberry Cupcake

WHITE VANILLA CAKE (CUPCAKE) RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened at room temperature)
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1-1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (Sifted)
  • 1-3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Cup Milk

Method:

Preheat oven at 350F. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla extract. Combine flour and baking powder into mixture and stir well. Finally mix in milk and combine batter. Pour batter into baking pan (lined with parchment paper) or cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. For cupcakes, pour batter till about 3/4 cup full. Bake @ 350F for 20-25 minutes or when testing skewer comes out clean! This would give you about 12-14 cupcakes (standard size).

June’s Notes: For my lemon cupcake variation. I added 1/4 cup sugar, substitute 1/4 cup milk for 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice and added the zest from 2 lemons into it the batter.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails