Thursday, March 26, 2009

Porky Pork Chop Dinner!

Dinner-26I made pork chops for dinner using my Honey Mustard Chicken recipe marinade and changed the cooking method. For these “Honey Mustard Pork Chops, I marinated the 3 pieces of pork (center-cut)overnight (about 18 hours) before cooking them for the dinner the next day. I melted about 2 tbsp of butter and seared the pork chops over medium heat until they are brown on each side. I left mine to slightly char a little, but be careful since the marinade contains sugar(honey) the pan/pork will burn easily. Once both sides of pork has been browned, I removed them and set it aside.

I threw in half a thinly sliced large onion into the same pan and cook it. Then I added about 2 tbsp of cooking wine, 1/4 cup of water and the remaining marinade into the pan to deglaze it. Lowered the heat, then added the pork chops back into the pan and let sauce coat both side of the pork. Covered the pan for a couple minutes before serving it. Serve the pork with some of the onions and sauce!

My Honey Mustard Pork Chops were served on a bed of homemade mushroom rice pilaf and topped with garlic butter green beans. Yums!!! And YES, Brady was salivating; table side!! Will make this again! I’m getting hungry just blogging about it….

2 comments:

Kheng Lin said...

Hie June! I din know you had a blog... im a follower now... =)

Simply June said...

Hey Hey! Welcome Kheng Lin!=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails