Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chicken Kebabs

I was in the mood for some Chicken Kebabs, and somehow I was thinking Mediterranean style. It must have been the Couscous I had that inspired me to cook ala Mediterranean. At least I tried, by combining a few different spices into the marinate.

The verdict was some pretty darn good (so called?) Mediterranean inspired Chicken Kebabs. Both hubby and I really liked the dinner I made that night! And I even ate up the bell peppers. =). I bet this chicken kebab will taste awesome on the grill! I will try this on the grill when the weather is nice and warm (and rain free!). I’m getting tired off all the rain we’ve been getting in New England.

ChickenKebab 

CHICKEN KEBABS RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 2 Pcs of Chicken Breast
  • 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/4 Tsp Paprika
  • 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1-2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
  • Bamboo Skewers
  • Bell Pepper, Cut into Squares (Optional)

Method:

Clean and cut chicken breast into 6 (almost even) pieces per chicken breast. That will give you 12 pieces then. Mix onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, minced garlic and chopped cilantro into a bowl. Then add chicken breast and 1 tbsp olive oil. Let chicken marinate for 1-2 hours (or more).

Skewer chicken breasts, alternating with some bell peppers (or any other vegetables) if you like. Heat remaining oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry chicken kebabs, rotating it around every 2-3 minutes so that the chicken will cook evenly. Depending on how big your chicken kebab is, it might take 15-20 minutes to cook the chicken through. Cook until chicken juices run clear. You don’t want to consume uncooked chicken, nor do you want to eat over-cooked chicken! This will serve 2-3 people.

June’s Comments: Since this was a Mediterranean inspired kebab, I served it with some Couscous. Instant Couscous from Near East! It’s a great pantry item to have and yes, quite delicious and cooks within minutes! I also steamed some broccoli for a balanced meal. =)

ChickenKebab1 Couscous

Signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails