Friday, December 12, 2008

Icy Storm...

I woke up this morning to find trees & cable lines covered with ice......and they look so oh so pretty.....It finally felt a little like winter as I have not really seen snow in Massachusetts (the little flurries last weekend, don't count)! Oh, how I wish I have picures of "crystalized" tree and cable lines to show you....Google "Ice Storm Massachusetts" and I'm sure you'll find something.....It really is pretty and scary at the same time....Apparently, there was an Ice Storm .....no wonder my lights were flickering last night.....Trees and cable lines are down, due to the weight of the ice and the act of gravity. I vividly remember December of 2007....we had so much snow that month that it was almost a record in 10 or 20 years (I think!)...

Anyway, back to the Ice Storm story...we are blessed as we still have our power in our home.........Many places have lost power and in some places, power has not been restored yet. Rumours are, power might only be restored over the weekend or Monday, if the poor souls are lucky!........Thank goodness it's not tremendously cold today!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails