Sunday, May 19, 2013

Easy Grilled Pork Chop

With my new purchase of a grill pan from Amazon.com, I knew I needed to find a recipe so that I have an excuse to try my new toy. The picture is not the greatest, but the piece of meat was delicious. Lesson learnt, use a boneless piece of meat next time. I only had bone-in pork chops in my freezer and was lazy to get a boneless one from the store. It was definitely a bad idea coz it took a long time to cook the meat.

The recipe called for cumin in the marinate and as much as I like cumin, I at a first glance of the recipe thought it might taste funky. However, the reviews were great....so I decided to go with the recipe anyway. To my surprise, the pork chop was delicious. The cumin was not very overpowering and all the seasoning was just right! I think the apple cider in the recipe helps to tenderize the meat too. 

Here's the recipe with my slight changes. Original recipe by Sunny Anderson can be found HERE.

 

EASY GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE
*Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 2 Boneless (1/2" Thick) Pork Chops
  • 2 Tbsp Honey
  • 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
  • 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method
Combine all the ingredients in a resealable zip lock bag (large enough to fit the pork chops). Add in pork chops into the marinade, seal and give it a quick rub/massage. Let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.

Heat a grill pan (or a grill) over medium heat. Remove the pork chops from the bag and slightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook the pork chops until they release from the grill (about 4 minutes). Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. Once the pork chops are cooked through, remove and serve with optional grilled vegetables of your choice of sides.

June's Notes: I sliced up some zucchini and par boiled some mini potatoes, tossed them in a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste and cook them on the grill pan since I have some room on the side.

Enjoy!

Simply June 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails